Adobe After Effects recently released in November 2019 release version 17.0 with new features and multiple enhancements.
- Preview and Playback performance improvements:
- This release comes with threading improvements. With GPU accelerated display, we can achieve clearer and performant rendering than previous versions.
- Content-Aware Fill for video:
- Remove unwanted objects from video faster and reduce memory usage.
- Shape Improvements:
- This release comes with performance improvements when working with shape layers. Now we can right-click to group and ungroup shape layers using add drop down menu. Additionally, select multiple shapes in the timeline panel with single right-click.
- Enhanced EXR Workflows:
- This release comes with a faster compositing process and improved setup process via importing EXR files. Working with large files is more performant than previous versions.
- Cinema 4D Lite R21 and New Cineware render
- When we install After Effects, installer installs ‘Maxon cinema 4D R21’ and creates folder in application’s location. For rendering After Effects with Cineware account is not needed.
- Text Style Expressions:
- We can now directly access new text property option and we can set text style properties using Expressions.